Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Better and Better all the time

Well lets think my last blog was written about last Friday. As I sit here today it is Wednesday night. So let's discuss what has happened between then and now. Chicago is getting better and better all the time.

Saturday: My brother and I walked to the beach mostly to play beach volley ball and in case you were wondering this isn't really my cup of tea we were there for a total of like 3 hours and I only played two games. But I did enjoy the "beach" it amazed me how many people were there. It was maybe like 75 but I guess its a big city and its the best beach around. And it is pretty sweet it is only a 25 min walk. So maybe I will just talk a joy walk there one of these days. After the beach we came back to get ready to go to another BBQ (on top of the one on Friday see previous blog). It was a small group but a lot of fun and some great great food. We got home pretty late but it was a lot of fun. We actually went on some roof tops and that was fun.

Sunday: We went to church at my brother's church which meets in a school. Hopefully i will be plugged into a small group. I am going to a BBQ tomorrow for a college group through this church. After church we went to a middle eastern restaurant which was really really good but not all that filling. After that we went shopping and I got some athletic shorts and some socks. OK so not sure what happened exactly after shopping but I know at some point during the weekend which I think was this day we watched Dark Knight and play Settlers my brother won darn him.

Monday: Not exactly sure what we did in the morning but I know we went shopping again. I get some shoes for works yay! By work I mean my internship because I still haven't found a part time job. Then we went to the third BBQ for the weekend this was again pretty fun and a great end to the weekend.

Tuesday: Had my first full day of internship which was actually was really good. I am excited about going in tomorrow (just not about walking or waking up). I got to meet with my supervisor and discuss the things I was going to do for the job. I will be given time to research and do some of my own program development. In addition I will be doing some filing and other such clerical work.

Today (Wednesday): I got to sleep in. I did some house cleaning and applied for more jobs. My brother's friend came over and we watched Bucket List which BTW is a great movie. Oh and today when I was walking around applying to jobs I was packing up to look at a sign. And you know those things they have in parking lots to stop the car ya totally tripped on one and fell on my back it was great!

Observations:
Everyone here hunks
They are impatient drivers
there is way more diversity
they don't recycle
housing costs a ton condos are like 300,000 I know right Ridiculous
people like to party instead of small get togethers
everyone dresses nice at said parties (i.e. all my BBQ's)

Pray Requests:
Get in word everyday
Find a job
Make friends i can hang with
Learn to be a better servant

Well that's it for today :)

Love,
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment