Saturday, May 23, 2009

It was a good day

So yesterday was probably my favorite day since I have been here. It all started when I finally went to my internship. I got there and filled out some paperwork and then went through a procedures manual. We had a grand tour and all that. For those of you who don't know I am interning at Cornerstone Counseling Center of Chicago. It's a christian counseling center. I will be doing some administrative stuff and some group therapy. I am very excited about this opportunity. I will be working here for about 20 hours a week. So back to my day after all the training stuff we went to our weekly staff meeting. It was sweet we had a group devotional and some pray time. Then we talked about some things and had a teaching time. It was so awesome. I am very excited about what is coming up can't wait for Tuesday.

After my internship I went back to the apt and just chilled until my brother and I went to a BBQ. When I first got there I felt very out of place and obviously didn't know anybody. But I started talking to a couple guys and eventually felt very much a part of the crowd it ended up being a lot of fun and meet some people I could hang out with. So yay for me!

Hope you all are doing well.

Love,
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment