Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dear Family and Friends,

I hope that you are all doing well and learning about our Lord and Savior. He truly is an amazing God. So often I am overwhelmed with who he is and what he is doing. This year has been a tough lesson for me. As some of you know I was a resident assistant (RA) in my dorm this year. This has been hard because I had to give up time with my friends who weren’t in my hall to spend the majority of my “free” time with guys who were in my hall. This has been challenging, hard, and fruitful. But when I look back on it all I am very thankful for who God put in my hall and how he used me.

This summer is going to much the same way. I am giving up something I love very much and am passionate about to go serve in a different capacity. This will be the first summer since 2005 that I will not be working at a camp of some kind. I will be leaving the comforts I now here and am going to Chicago for the summer. I will be there for two and half months and will be living with my brother Patrick. Recently I found out that I got an internship with a Christian counseling agency that will be about 20 hours a week. It will consist of three parts marketing, research and group therapy. I am very excited about this opportunity because it is right up my alley. I eventually want to go into counseling ministry of some kind that with hopefully include church and camp. Put simply I want to help people and I think counseling ministry will be a great way to use the gifts God has given me.

But like I said this summer won’t be easy so I need you. The most important thing I need from you is prayer.

Please pray for:
Me to have strength when the weeks drag on and I wish that I was at camp or home
Me and my brother to get along and enjoy the time we get to share together
Me to find another part time job, because the internship is unpaid
Me to learn and grow from this experience
The clients that I will be working with that I will have the right words to say
Ultimately that God will use me and be glorified this summer

Like I said already I need prayer more then anything. However, since I will be working at an unpaid internship 20 hours a week and may not be able to get another part time job, financial gifts would be appreciated. Your gift would go to my living expenses. I don’t want to be a burden on my brother or be forced to go in to debt. It is important for you to note that I am raising support independent of any missions organization. I am hoping to raise only as much as if the internship were paid. I’d love to talk and tell you more about what I’m doing.

Thank you for your love and support,
Dan Morrow

If you wish to contribute finically make checks payable to me and sent to 2026 N Kenmore Ave, APT 2R, Chicago, IL 60614

No comments:

Post a Comment