Monday, June 1, 2009

Lions tigers and bears oh my

Well this blog my be a product of my ADHD brain and I feel like going all over the place so there. I want to apologize to all you who have been saying I need to take pictures, I know I do and I haven't. You wanting pictures + me not having them = me being a horrible person and am very sorry.

The reason for the name of this blog is because yesterday I went to the zoo and it was great. We only saw half of it because we were tired so I am excited about going back. Before that my brother and I went to a Hawaiian place to eat which was pretty good and Patrick deemed a must-do while here.

I was tired because Saturday morning I got to play soccer and well I love soccer a lot. It was a great time for sure but days later I am still very sore, but totally worth it.

At some point I went to a campfire with some new friends. It doesn't compare to the ones Sam puts on every Saturday night at home but it was a good time for sure. I am excited because some of them want to play settlers sometimes. Some of you probably know the awesomeness that is that game. That night I also came up with a catch phrase for the game "Settlers of Catan: Heaven's official board game." Yes it is that good.

I had two job interviews this morning. The first one was with dunkin doughnuts which went well but they aren't hiring for another 15 days or so, that is no bueno. The second was a place called urban fresh which is a healthy grocery store with all the bad stuff still being sold, sweet I know. They seemed like they pretty much were ready to hire me. I would be working with produce because of my farm experience. They even had me tested for drugs, yay! So we will see how that pans out.

My internship is going really well the people are great and I am really enjoying myself there. Its a lot of filing and stuff but I am getting hours for credit and its going to look really great on a resume.

So I got plugged into the college group at my church here. So that's cool we have Small group once a week and hang out once a week. We should also be doing some service things soon. So its good to have my own friends.

My brother and I came up with a check list of stuff to do and I would put that in here but its already too long but its very exciting.

prayer requests
That I can stay in the bible
have a servants attitude
remember why I am here
get a job
learn at my internship
cherish the time with my brother

Well that's it for now, thanks for taking the time to read. I appreciate you and miss you.

Love,
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment