Sunday, June 14, 2009

Praise Jesus!

So today marks 4 weeks here in Chicago, Tuesday marks 7 weeks to go.

So I guess the biggest news is that I finally got a job! I am working at a place called Urban Fresh its pretty close to where I live so that is nice. I will be working in produce and I start tomorrow (Monday) morning. I will be putting in about 14 hours this next week and should get more the following week. It is amazing to me how God always provides. Praise be to Jesus my Lord and Savior!

Chicago has opened my eyes and I am learning and growing in the area of Social injustice. If you wish to read more about that you can check my note out on facebook. If you don't have a facebook then let me know I can e-mail it to you or something.

So I have also been reading this book called The Heavenly Man. It is an Amazing book about a Chinese national learning to Love God and rely complete on him and his Journey to share the Love of Jesus. It has been effecting me personally and testing me. In comparison I am not the devoted. I am not that in love. I act on my own, I breath on my own, I live on my own. I need to learn how to live through him because he is my life.

On a less serious note this weekend I went camping in Wisconsin a place called Devil's Lake. We arrived late Friday night and pitched our tents in the rain. Then got up went on an amazing like 2 hour hike. Ate lunch walked back to our campsite, hung out, ate dinner, went to sleep, woke up and left. Oh it it was sweet there was 3 Americans and 10 international students. A guy from Peru. A guy from India. And 8 people from china. Oh and a I scared a raccoon away from our campsite.

I am making more friends here and its pretty sweet. Hopefully this week I will stay pretty busy. I got the first disc of planet earth today so that is pretty neat! I think a few people will watch it tomorrow night.

Prayer Request
I miss home

Love,
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment