Monday, January 17, 2011

Jesus Our Healer

It has been quite some time since a last blogged and for that I apologize. There have been my thoughts, ideas, happenings, etc. That I wanted to blog about but never seemed to get to it. With that being said I am doing well. I am loving being a youth pastor. These last 7 months have been a huge blessing. I continue to grow and be stretched. The church family is fantastic and I love them all. But I do have a special heart for my students it has been a such a privilege to work with and along side them. I am pumped about 2011. This is going to be an exciting year full of exciting things. To many for one blog post however, one of them being a Discipleship group that I recently started. Last night we had our second time together. It was great just to lead the students in discussion and listen and watch as they taught each other. This will be a life changing experience for those who let it be.

This last Sunday I was able to preach for the second time at my church. I preached on Jesus being our healer. We so often see Jesus as a physical healer and not a person who can heal my wounded heart. Or we don't see him as big enough or powerful enough to effect change. This is nothing short of a flat out lie. Jesus is a healer, able to heal your deepest darkest wounds. Regardless if you were hurt by someone close to you or your own sins. If this is something you struggle with then I would encourage you to do a few things. First find someone who you can be real and honest with. Second be real and honest with God. Once that happens try to let it go. Because only then is God able to heal. I am not saying you won't still feel pain, but I am saying he can free you from it controlling you. Let his love fill you, and let go of the pain.

Love,
Dan

P.S. Click on the link to go to the sermon (however will on be available for a few weeks)
Sermon: Jesus our Healer

1 comment: