Monday, June 14, 2010

Reflection

Hello my Friends,

I have been here in Spokane for about a little over a week. And what a blessed time. I have spend some time doing direct ministry and I am excited about doing more. So that means if your a youth at my church lets hang soon. I am really excited about this week of ministry I got meetings set up and am hanging out with youth! I am excited about meeting with other people who are helping in the ministry. I am so blessed by this church and the way they are administering to me. I keep getting asked what else I need and wow what a blessing. I know I may have said that a lot in the last couple blogs but I can't help be blown way but the love and support I have received.

This last weekend was interesting. I spent the majoring of the time by myself and am reminded a lot of my time in Chicago which in turn makes me miss Chicago and my brother. But I am finding I enjoy some time to myself more then I am use to. This makes me wonder why that is. Maybe a full time ministry job grants me the face time I need! But a few cool things did happen this weekend. Saturday morning I was able to go on a 15 mile bike ride which I am still sore from but it was awesome. I was able to spend time with some guys in the church and really enjoy myself. I love riding my bike and am looking forward to buying one soon when I get the money! Sunday was an awesome day! It was the 5 year anniversary of the senior pastor being the senior pastor. For those of you who don't know statistically Senior Pastors only stay for about 3 years. So its a blessing. He truly is a great guy and has impacted the church greatly. The Senior Pastor really enjoys Elvis so the college/career group prepared a lip sync 2 song set. I really enjoyed myself and I know he enjoyed it as well. Later that day I was able to go swimming and spend a good chunk of my day hanging with some new friends. Gosh I am seeing God's provision more and more with each passing day.

I am loving being a Youth Pastor and am excited to continue to poor into students lives. Tomorrow should be a good day of ministry. We are helping move a woman's stuff who passed away. I am just happy I am able to help. And I know at least one of my students is coming and hopefully another one. Love those kids already. Then tomorrow night we are having a movie, games, dinner, night at the Pastor's house its good times!

Still Living the Dream!

Love,
Dan

P.S. I need to take more pictures!

1 comment:

  1. yes! I want to see pictures! Your bike ride sounds like a lot of fun! I am so glad that you are being so overwhelmingly blessed by your new church family. That is really awesome! The Elvis lip syncing sounds like it would have been a blast to watch! :)

    ReplyDelete