Monday, June 28, 2010

Is this real life?


Oh man so much has happened and life is awesome!!!
We have had several youth events and its great. Last Tuesday we drove to Leavenworth and hung out and had a blast. This last Sunday we put on an Italian Lunch Fundraiser to help kids go to camp! It was awesome we raised a lot of money and had some good times. I am excited about what is coming up. We got a work day tomorrow! Thursday we are seeing toy story 3. Saturday we are having a car wash. Life is just awesome.

I am staying so very busy. Its feels like I am living a normal life here. I love my job. I keep wondering if this honeymoon phase will wear off and when. But getting to know the students better. But what has been cool lately is getting to know the parents. I really appreciate them and all the hard work they put into the ministry and into their students. I view youth ministry as a partnership with parents. While I understand at times parents are not involved. But as a youth minister I need to administer too and work with families as a whole. We are in this together.

So things have been pretty crazy with personal stuff. My washer overflowed, my oven didn't work, my mail wasn't getting here and now my computer might be close to being finished. Fortunately, I have a good friend who is helping me work on it. I am thankful for good friends oh so very thankful.

I am excited about where God is taking me. Praise be to Him forever and ever Amen!

Loving in His name,
Dan

P.S. Youth that are vacation I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment