Sunday, August 2, 2009

Its coming to an End!

Wow what a summer. I have no way I can summarize everything I have done here over the summer. I am grown so much, and I have had many trials to refine me. God is so Good! He has perfect plans for my life an I can clearly see now how Chicago was a part of it all. I love him so much because he died to free me and to be with me for ever. The greatest part of that story is it isn't just me but for all of you. I you are readying this and don't know the much about God or this Jesus I often talk about. Please pull me aside I would love to tell you more.

A few days ago I got to go to the Blue man group. And oh my gosh it was so entertaining. They mixed talent with some great comedy. After the show my brother looks at me and says I knew you would like it. And boy was he right! And get this it was FREE!!!!! How you ask? Because I ushered, basically just showed people where there seats were and cleaned up afterwords. It was really great!

This past Friday it was my brother Patrick's Birthday and it was been a long time since we have been together on his birthday. It was really great to be here and celebrate with him for his special day. Between camps and missions stuff between the two of us I might have been as long as 04 since we spent his birthday together. We just had some of his friends and went out to eat it was pretty great though.

Yesterday (Saturday) I got to spend the day with Joel and Karyn Guido they moved to a Suburb our here and went to school with me back at Corban. It was really great seeing them even though we got really lost and went totally the wrong way it was so cool hanging out with them. I hope when I come back to Chicago I will get to see them.

Today (Sunday) was the biggest blessing of all. After church we typically get a group together and go out to eat somewhere. Well today everyone seems to have their own plans and I ended walking back all by myself. This being my last Sunday in Chicago i was pretty frustrated just saying goodbye to everyone then. Well I was home and my brother had a couple friends come over and we had a cookout. Well soon more and more people we showing up. Before a good chuck of my dear Chicago friends showed up all to say goodbye to me. It was a great way to end to summer. I am going to miss them all so dearly. But what a blessing. Chicago friends who have shaped me into a better person and I am going to miss you guys so much. See you when I come back!

While I still am not coming home until Tuesday I really just have Monday left. I think that is going to be a day just spend relaxing and spending some good bro time. Wow what a journey it has been.

Prayer Requests
That I take what I have learned home with me

Countdowns
here 11 weeks as of today (Sunday)
home on Tuesday (CRAZY!!!!!)

Love,
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment